CVO & NWVU will share a table at the Warrior Summit, this Monday, August 12th, at Soldier Field. There is Free Parking for 1,500 vehicles on South Side of Soldier Field at the Waldron Parking Deck. We hope all veterans will come out and support this important event. Stop by the CVO/NWVU table and say hello!
For full information on the Summit, go to www.IllinoisWarriorSummit.com.
The Illinois Supporting All Veterans Equally (I-SAVE) Foundation, US Department of Veterans Affairs, State of Illinois, City of Chicago, Chicago Park District and World Sport Chicago are collaborating to provide 10,000 military service members, veterans and their families of the Midwest Region an opportunity to connect with benefits, education, employment, housing, legal, disabilities, mental health, family & children services and faith based organizational opportunities. Over 275 organizations will be present and working together to unite the community and deliver programs and services to veterans efficiently.
Additionally, World Sport Chicago is providing an opportunity for 150 injured, ill, or wounded veterans to compete in various sporting event competitions known as the Valor Games Midwest – For more information or to register and compete, please visit www.valorgamesmidwest.org.
August 12th, 2013
12 p.m.- 5 p.m.
Free Parking for 1,500 vehicles on South Side of Soldier Field at the Waldron Parking Deck
Pre-Registration for Attendees
(Fast Track Entrance Line)
Booth & Table Availability
200 tables available, 70 Non Profits,
65 VA Service Stations, 50 Employers,
15 Educational Institutions
The 6th Annual Illinois Warrior Summit and Welcome Home Celebration, hosted by I-SAVE Foundation and the US Department of Veterans Affairs, will include:
· FREE Benefit and resource fair at Soldier Field for over 10,000 military, veterans and families
· FREE Food and refreshments for the first 10,000 attendees
· FREE Sports tickets to the first 5,000 military or veterans (2 ea) – Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Slaughter, Chicago Sky
· FREE Parking for the first 1,500 vehicles to attend Soldier Field at the South Waldron Parking Deck
· FREE T-shirts for the first 1,500 military or veterans (only one t-shirt per veteran)
· FREE Kid’s and children’s entertainment, raffles and giveaways ALL day
· Onsite VA Homeless Summit provided by Team One Chicago
· Onsite VA physicals, vision screens, registration for health care and much more
· Onsite IDES registration and assistance for job seekers in Illinois- www.IllinoisJobLink.com
· Onsite registration and assistance with Military2career.com
· 70 Non-profit veteran support organizations (VSO’s) providing FREE services and programs
· 50 Employers providing various job opportunities to military, veterans and families
· 65 VA program/service stations providing assistance to veterans
· 15 Universities and colleges providing educational opportunities
· Opening Ceremony with Color Guard Presentation
· National Anthem performance by Jim Cornelison
· Military Taps Performance by Bugles Across America
· Special guest appearance of Miss Heart of Illinois (Marisa Buchheit)
· Special appearance of the Armed Forces Motor Sports Race Teams (2)
The US Department of Veterans Affairs, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Edward Hines VA Hospital, James Lovell Federal Health Care Center and Illinois Supporting All Veterans Equally (ISAVE) will be hosting the Illinois Warrior Summit and 5th Annual Welcome Home Celebration for 4,000 military, veterans and families on Thursday, August 9th, 2012 from 10a-3p at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Forum – (725 W. Roosevelt Road in Chicago).
The Illinois Warrior Summit and 5th Annual Welcome Home Celebration connects military, veterans and families to services and programs with benefits, education, employment, housing, legal, disability, mental health, family and children services.
Illinois Supporting All Veterans Equally (ISAVE) Mission: To connect military, veterans and families with services and programs to benefits, employment, education, housing, legal, disabilities, mental health, family and children services.
About ISAVE: Many Active, Reserve and National Guard components return from service and have difficulty finding the proper direction and guidance for available programs and services. ISAVE is working to help unite the Illinois community to create an open referral network system, a standardized packet of information and a web based platform for everyone to use.
Illinois Supporting All Veterans Equally (ISAVE) is a registered 501 (c) 3 Not-for-Profit Organization and currently works with the Illinois community to host veteran one stop shop resource fairs called, the Illinois Warrior Summit and Welcome Home Celebration.
These one of a kind events promotes positive community relations and present military, veterans and families with many opportunities for future goals. The Illinois Warrior Summit and Welcome Home Celebration also advocates networking between different organizations which improves business to business relations; enhancing the quality of veteran support services, and in turn, helping thousands of military, veterans and families.
The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Edward Hines VA Hospital, James Lovell Federal Health Care Center and Illinois Supporting All Veterans Equally (ISAVE) will have:
*FREE BENEFIT and RESOURCE FAIR at UIC FORUM for 4,000 Military, Veterans and Families
*FREE FOOD and REFRESHMENTS for 4000 Attendees
*FREE SPORTS TICKETS 5000 for Military Personnel or Veterans- Sox, Fire, Sky, Cubs
*FREE T-SHIRTS for first 1000 Veterans (1 per veteran)
*FREE RAFFLES and GIVEAWAYS for Military and Veterans ALL day
*FREE KID’S ENTERTAINMENT with JUMBO Moon Bounce, Reptile Show and Children’s Activities
*SPECIAL APPEARANCE of Chicago CUBS Trolley for Kids
*SPECIAL APPEARANCE by Jesse White Tumbling Team
* SPECIAL APPEARANCE by Miss Chicago 2012 and Miss Windy City 2012
*SPECIAL APPEARANCE by The Pipes and Drums of the Chicago Police Department
*SPECIAL APPEARANCE of the World Performance Team
*OPENING CEREMONY with Color Guard Presentation from 2-24 Marines
*NATIONAL ANTHEM Performance by Miss Chicago 2012
*MILITARY TAPS Performance by Bugles Across America
*VA Providing ON SITE Physicals and Registration for Health Care
*IDES Providing ON SITE Registration for Unemployment Benefits
*NATIONAL ABLE NETWORK Providing ON SITE Registration for Employment Opportunities
*80 NON-PROFIT Veteran Support Organizations Providing FREE Services and Programs
*40 EMPLOYERS Providing Job Opportunities
*30 VA PROGRAMS & SERVICE STATIONS Providing Assistance to Veterans
*20 UNIVERSITIES and COLLEGES Providing Education Opportunities
We Look Forward to Seeing You Soon!!!