- This is the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s Poor People’s Campaign in 1968.
- This is not a commemorative of that event. It is a call for a New Poor People’s Campaign.
- We want to change the American dialogue. It is a National Call for a Moral Revival.
- This is a National Movement taking place in 40 state capitols and the District of Columbia.
- 10’s of thousands of people have signed up. More than 1700 in Illinois alone. Join us.
The 4 pillars of the Campaign are:
- Against Racism
- End Poverty
- End the Militarization of Society
- End the Environmental Destruction
Like the Sit-Ins and Freedom Rides that changed America in the 1950s and 60s, the Poor People’s Campaign is kicking off a series of Rallies to call attention to the moral decay of this country and pointing out a direction for change.
Join us at the Veterans Rally for Veterans’ Health Care and Benefits and against cuts in Veterans’ Care on May 28th in Springfield IL. More information: PoorPeoplesCampaign.org
Sign up to join us: TinyURL.com/PPCILVets2018